Wednesday, March 4, 2015

My Tiny Tribe Life - Shopping Small

Good ole American entrepreneurship. It makes my heart full. To hear of people: mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, just like me and you, fulfilling their dreams from their kitchen table. Started on hard work and heart. Made not for a profit, but for love. Watching an idea come to life. All of these things are a part of being a small shop owner. It's so much more than running a business.

I want to tell you a story about my friend Susan Petersen over at Freshly Picked Moccasins. Susan had ordered shoes for her little one, but was unsatisfied with they way they fit. So she sought to create her own. Little did she know that it would take her where it has today. Her brother was working on windows, and she was collecting the aluminum from their frames and saving it for an entire summer. When the season ended, she took the aluminum and cashed it in for a total of $200. And Freshly Picked was born. And I guess you can say, the rest is history.

There is something so inspiring about a person pouring their soul into what they do. Art is born when the artist puts profit aside, and focuses on bringing light through their craft.

Miles and I have become somewhat of a face for small shops. We love supporting our friends and collaborating with other shops to bring goodies to people all over! We have built relationships and connections I never new imaginable. Although I own my very own small shop, Tiny Tribe Apparel, I am forever promoting those who do the same. I now know what it takes. It's hard work, but its also the most fun you'll ever have.

I am beyond humbled by the support from people all over the world who are interested in my products. I am even more humbled to know that my very own friends and family are supporting my little dream. In just a little over a month, we have grown more than I ever expected. And we have plenty more in store! So exciting!

I guess where I'm going with this is, well, you should shop small people. I'm not saying you can't ever go to Target again (my God that would be a sin - and if you know me I would probably cry if I couldn't go to Target), but shop around. There's a vast network of local stores right here in your backyard! Owned by people just like us!

Heres a few tips, considering I always have people ask me where I find these shops:
- social media is key! (This is the most important rule.)
- follow them on Instagram for updates and sales.
- take a picture of your little in their clothes and tag them, they love that stuff!
- like their page on Facebook.
- shop locally, check out the Kid's directory for more shops in your area.
- go check out our Insta! Tap on any picture of Miles for outfit details.

Now happy shopping! I know you'll find some amazing stuff. You can thank me later.

Amanda xx

Here are a few of our fave small shop looks!


Tee: Electric Collective

Tee: Henry + Claire, Beanie: Playground Posse, Jeans: Farm Fresh Denim

Beanie: Playground Posse, Tee: Rusterior Design

Tee: Wild Cub Co., Beanie: Noxxaz

Tee: Wire and Honey

Tee: Mason Blake Apparel, Snapback: Wild Cub Co.

Beanie: Noxxaz, Romper: Baby Bandits

Beanie: Noxxaz, Tee: Rusterior Design

Tee: Tiny Tribe Apparel

Tee: Wild Cub, Co.

Tee: Hello Jude Clothing, Leggings: Rusterior Design, Scarf Bib: Drooly Scrumptious




No comments:

Post a Comment