Monday, February 23, 2015

My tiny little life - Lauren's Bridal Shower

I met Lauren just seven years ago, but part of me feels as if I've known her for a lifetime. She is the eldest of my husband's four younger sisters, and on May 30th, she will become Mrs. Wells. We spent this past Sunday celebrating her soon to be marriage. With a little southern flair and style, we spent the afternoon smiling and spreading love. 

Hung from balloons were moments captured throughout Lauren and JD's journey as a couple. They created a magical place in the room, where their love could be shared with family and friends. 


The masterminds behind the decorations were our Aunts, Christina and Darlene, and Lauren's maid of honor, her sister Jennifer. With tones of gold and teal, a pretty little flair filled the room. 




Lauren wore a beautiful coral, floral patterned, Ann Taylor dress. She looked so pretty, as always, and she radiated with joy. The shower was the happiest of places to be that afternoon, and her smile was certainly evidence of this! 


I styled myself in a Marc New York | Andrew Marc dress in a gorgeous taupe color. I finished the look in my favorite black tights and bootie wedges. However, my favorite part of my outfit was my one of kind necklace.


I took the most beautiful stopwatch my father was repairing before he passed, and I attached it to a chain I already owned. Pictured on the watch are a doe and her fawn. My father was a lover of nature, so I felt so connected to him by wearing this most simple necklace. It made the day that much more special to me. 


I have enjoyed watching Lauren grow into the woman she has become. She has already accomplished greatness, and her journey is not done yet. 


Congratulations on Lauren and JD! Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I'm hosting a bridal shower for one of my dear friends and I am so stealing the Sign-a-Jenga-Piece! GENIUS! I love that you re-purposed your dad's old stop watch. That's such a great way to honor his memory!

    ReplyDelete